Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Zozo

22.01.2009. - ÄŒetvrtak

According what I have found for rules of the game.... Since there were no disqualifications in the match report, Lazarov has right to play in the match against Russia.

Russia does not have very strong team at the moment. They have good players, but the change of generations is more than evident in this team...so far on this championship they are struggling and barely beat poor Algeria today. What to say about Macedonia team...every who follows handball knows about Lazarov, what danger he can produce, he wasn't best goalscorer in Chamipons League on several occasions for nothing. He is the best goalscorer on this tournament so far no matter that he was disqualified for almost whole half time. Macedonian play depends on him very much. Macedonia played great in the first 40 minutes against Germany, and maybe someone who did not watched the game will say that I am crazy, but if Lazarov wasn't sent off and if referees were neutral, than Macedonia would made another huge surprise.

Still Macedonian team is playing very good so far and they have historical chance to advance into the next round if they beat, not so strong Russian team. Goalkeeper Angelov is playing in his best for of his life and fighting spirit is all over the players and we add the home advantage...maybe someone will ask how Macedonia can have home advantage when the matches are playing in Croatia...I'll answer him. Croatia is very close to Macedonia and because Macedonia is small country and rarely is participating is such big events in sports, there are huge number of fans there who are not stoping to cheer for their team for whole 60 minutes. Now for this decisive match against Russia, from Macedonia went additional hundrets of fans

this is great generation of Macedonian players, players with fighting spirit, with huge heart, players with great leader in the name of Kiril Lazarov, team with great goalkeeper, with great team spirit and best dressing room that any Macedonian team had for a long time, maybe best atmosphere ever....I will repeat once again, maybe I will be boring to read, not maybe, but definitlely I will be...Macedonia played on very high level against Poland and against Germany untill deisqualification of Kiril Lazarov and for anyone who have seen this matches the win over Poland and leading untill half time against Germany will not be a upset.

This is sudden death for both teams, who ever wins goes to the next round (Russia goes with draw too) Match of motivation, and maybe for some of you will look a bit biased, but I think Macedonia is more than capable of beating underperforming big name like Russia. Yes, they have great keeper, but still I think that support from the fans (expected in huge number for this kind of events) and great momentum in the team and historical chance for biggest success in national team sports in this small country alongside with elligible to play Lazarov will push the things in the Macedonia's win direction

BWIn went with 3.35 and then lowered on 2.90 on Macedonia win...I beleive that these 3.35 at Stan James will not be there much longer

Sorry for such long write-up

Macedonia - Russia

Pick: Macedonia to win

Odds: 3.25

Bookmaker: StanJames

Stake: 4/10