Sign in to follow this  
El-Maestro

29.05.2009. - Petak

2-Unit Play. Take #980 L.A. Angels (-170) over Seattle (10 p.m.)

1-Unit Play. Take #980 L.A. Angels (-1.5, +115) over Seattle (10 p.m.)

The Angels didn't play well since incorporating Vlad back into the lineup. But tonight is a very, very nice setup for them. Seattle has been a streaky road team all season long and they are a little inflated because they took two of three from putrid Oakland. The Angels are coming off a losing series in which they got worked over by Chicago. But now they have ace John Lackey on the bump in front of what should be a motivated home crowd. Lackey has won seven straight starts against the Mariners and by now he should have enough starts under his belt to find himself back in full form. Seattle is trotting out a lefty, Vargas, and the Angels have been a money bet against lefties for years. Also, Seattle is without its starting catcher, Kenji Johjima. Kenji caught the kid in his first few outings so now Vergas has to work up a new repoire with a new battery mate. Also, the Angels should be able to run on the M's backup catcher. The Angels are 19-7 in their last 26 games at home against Seattle and they are a stellar 40-18 against the M's overall. I like the spot and this play should actually be rated much, much higher.

1-Unit Play. Take #951 L.A. Dodgers (-105) over Chicago Cubs (2 p.m.)

Let's stay on the Dodgers. Chad Billingsley has been solid so far this year, going 4-0 on the road. Also, the Cubs' lefty bats really haven't been getting it done so I don't expect a strong showing against a power right-handed arm. Conversely, the Dodgers have been chewing up lefties all year and they are one of the best day game bets in the business. Ted Lilly has to work against a tough ump behind the dish and if Lilly isn't getting the corners he doesn't have the power stuff to come in on the Dodgers' bats. Los Angeles is just playing great baseball right now. The Cubs have lost nine of 11 and their only wins came against the Pirates. Let's go back to the well here, because even if we lose our underdog win with the Dodgers yesterday gives us a profitable series.

1.5-Unit Play. Take #954 Philadelphia (-160) over Washington (7 p.m.)

Never thought I'd see the day that I was betting on J.A. Happ. But he actually wasn't bad in his start against the Yankees last week. The Nationals are 14-42 in their last 56 games and they are just 5-22 against N.L. East teams this year. The Phillies are 10-2 in their last 12 home games against a lefty starter, 48-22 in their last 70 Game 1's, and they are 19-7 after an off day.

1.5-Unit Play. Take #958 N.Y. Mets (-165) over Florida (7 p.m.)

I'm actually a little nervous about the Marlins starting to pick it up. They pulled off a series win in Philly and they just might be due. That said, I think they'll be without Hanley Ramirez. Florida is working out another soft lefty and those are exactly the type of pitchers that the Mets have abused this season. The Mets are the No. 1 hitting team in the league against southpaws, batting nearly .333 against them. They Mets should be getting Carlos Beltran back in the lineup tonight and right now they are just playing solid, focused baseball. They have a lot of vets and those guys are picking up the slack for the players that are banged up and on the D.L. Let's go with the hot team.

1.5-Unit Play. Take #982 Texas (-105) over Oakland (5 p.m.)

2-Unit Play. Take #976 Texas (-150) over Oakland (8:30 p.m.)

Note: This is a chase bet. If we win Game 1 then DON’T play Game 2. The idea here is that the A’s aren’t going to pull the road sweep over Texas, one of the best home teams in the league. So if we lose Game 1 then we are going over top of that on Game 2. If you can’t make the first wager early and then make the second wager after you find out the results of Game 1 then don’t make this bet. Oakland is just 4-10 in their last 14 games in Arlington and they haven't been a very good road team. Again, I think that a road sweep is a lot to ask out of the A's tonight so we'll bet against it.

1-Unit Play. Take #960 Milwaukee (+105) over Cincinnati (8 p.m.)

Cincinnati has been playing well lately. But they aren't playing at home anymore and they aren't playing against a last place team - which is what their last two series have been. This is Big Boy baseball that they'll be playing against the Brewers and Milwaukee likely won't be sleeping on the Reds this weekend. I'm also still very sketchy about what's going on with Brandon Phillips (fractured finger) and Joey Votto (dizziness). There is no telling if they'll play, how much they'll play, or how effective they'll be this weekend. On the flip side, Milwaukee has been playing great competition over the last week and they are primed for a solid weekend. They have been one of the best teams in the MLB over the last month and I am prepared to work a chase on them this weekend; they won't get swept at home. Bank it.

1-Unit Play. Take #961 San Diego (+115) over Colorado (9 p.m.)

Padres are hot and Chris Young has been a solid road bet throughout his career. Everyone is falling in love with Jason Marquis pitching in Coors but I'm still not buying. He has mediocre stuff and, after two straight excellent outings on the road, I think that he's due for a dud at home. Marquis has a career ERA approaching 5.00 at Coors and the Dads are 5-2 in Young's last seven starts there. Also, San Diego is 8-3 in Young's last 11 starts against the Rockies.

1-Unit Play. Take #965 St. Louis (+110) over San Francisco (10 p.m.)

The Cardinals are back close to full strength today with Rich Ankiel and Ryan Ludwick back in the fold. These two teams have been back-and-forth in their last 10 meetings and I think that the cream will rise to the top over this weekend. Matt Cain is coming off a complete game and unless your name is Roy Halladay I like to fade hurlers off a complete game win. St. Louis will come to play and I think that they get Game 1.

1-Unit Play. Take #967 Detroit (+110) over Baltimore (7 p.m.)

Note: Drop to a 0.5 Unit Play. I don't like the line movement on this one.

Baltimore has really kind of been fluking their way to wins recently. You can say that means that they are hot, but after Toronto simply choked away games mid-week and then Detroit left 22 men on base last night you can see that the O's are playing on borrowed time a bit. I'm not in love with Dontrelle Willis but he has been battling. And against a team that's relying heavily on lefty bats in the middle of the order he could neutralize them. Again, I'm thinking that the Tigers avoid a four-game sweep this weekend so I'm prepared to chase on them. The road team is 6-7 in this series, which is pretty solid, and the Tigers are 8-6 in the last 14 meetings dating back to 2007. Again, I don't think they will get swept.

That's it for today.

Edited by El-Maestro

MLB

01:05 Philadelphia-Washington 2

Igram veceras ovo iznenadjenje i to po kockarskom sistemu koji volim da praktikujem u poslednje vreme sa veoma malim ulogom. Dakle, hvatam ekipu da odigra isti ishod utakmice (pobeda ili poraz) dva puta uzastopno. Philadelphia je igrala zadnjih 8 ovako:

pobeda

poraz

pobeda

poraz

pobeda

poraz

pobeda

poraz

Dakle, hoce li vezati jos jedan poraz?

Cisto ruletski crveno-crno. Nemojte me slusati.

Prijedlozi večerašnjih (noćašnjih) MLB susreta (incl. OT - Pinnacle):

23:05 - Texas Rangers - Oakland Athletics (+1,5) G1 - 2 - 1.524 :nije:

01:05 - (+1,5) Cleveland Indians - New York Yankees - 1 - 1.498 - AR :nije:

01:05 - (+1,5) Philadelphia Phillies - Washington Nationals - 1 - 1.415 - AR http://www.bet-club.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/76tatice_06.gif

01:05 - (+1,5) Pittsburgh Pirates - Houston Astros - 1 - 1.472 - AR :nije:

01:05 - (+1,5) Texas Rangers - Oakland Athletics (G2) - 1 - 1.426 http://www.bet-club.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/76tatice_06.gif

01:05 - (+1,5) Baltimore Orioles - Detroit Tigers - 1 - 1.571 - AR :uredu:

01:07 - (+1,5) Toronto Bluejays - Boston Red Sox - 1 - 1.606 :uredu:

01:10 - New York Mets - Florida Marlins (+1,5) - 2 - 1.735

01:38 - Tampa Bay Devil Rays - Minnesota Twins (+1,5) - 2 - 1.641 :nije:

02:05 - (+1,5) Milwaukee Brewers - Cincinnati Reds - 1 - 1.629 :uredu:

02:10 - Kansas City Royals - Chicago White Sox (+1,5) - 2 - 1.562 :uredu:

03:10 - Colorado Rockies - San Diego Padres (+1,5) - 2 - 1.602 :nije:

03:40 - Arizona Diamondbacks - Atlanta Braves - Atlanta Braves 1st Halfs (5 innings) - 1.800 :uredu:

04:05 - Los Angeles Angels - Seattle Mariners (+1,5) - 2 - 1.763 :uredu:

04:15 - (+1,5) San Francisco Giants - St Louis Cardinals - 1 - 1.510 :uredu:

Uspješan odabir! http://www.bet-club.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile_dance.gif

Tuto http://www.bet-club.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/76tatice_06.gif

10/15

Edited by Tuto